I love having every possible nook and cranny in this house organised and full of clever storage solutions, and our new shed is no exception! Our previous plastic and brick sheds had no real storage system so were full of clutter and it was impossible to find anything easily, so I knew we had to find something practical for this one.
Lets start with the shed first.. it arrived flat pack and was bright green which just didn’t look right in my garden.
Shed – Link
We coated the shed in Johnstone’s mordant solution specially for galvanised steel, followed by a layer of undercoat paint.
Mordant Solution (optional) – Link
Undercoat – Link
Then we painted the whole thing in Johnstone’s manhattan grey (two coats) and used a Johnstone’s white metal paint for the trim.
Manhattan Grey Paint – Link
White Metal Paint – Link
And this was the finished result!
Outside complete it was time to concentrate on the inside!
I had ordered from Organise my Home for my wrapping paper storage system (see this here!) and got in touch with them again to see what they had for shed storage – they came up trumps to say the least!!
We measured the holes for the shelf tracks and drilled them.
The metal piece goes across the top and the tracks hang from it. The shelves then slot in at any point of the track, giving us the flexibility to easily swap them around as the items change over time. The tracks also come in long lengths and can easily be trimmed to fit the space exactly.
We also changed the fixings to nuts and bolts to make this system work on a metal shed instead of using the supplied screws.
The shelves them simply slotted on top at any level we needed – it was so simple to do! The shelves are also easily cut down with a hack saw and come complete with little end covers to conceal the cut ends neatly and safely.
Shelf Track – Link
Shelves in and all of our outdoor sofa cushions now stack neatly along one edge instead of taking up the entire floor!
We repeated the shelving on the other side and put these shelves slightly higher to fit the shredder underneath.
We then used nuts and bolts to secure the hooks in to place – they’re really strong and can take quite a bit of weight!
Hooks – Link
This was the other type of hook we ordered, that could hold those smaller items along the top.
This other hook had two parts which was useful for holding the cord on my garden leaf blower/sucker neatly.
All of the hooks in place and all those random garden items neatly hung on the wall and not cluttering the floor!!
And this was the finished result, I’m so so happy with it!!
For all of the items and to read about how Organise my Home designed it all for me see their post here – What Mrs Rackley Had – Link.
Happy organising 🙂
Lots of love